Although vehicle vinyl wrapping has been around for some time now, it’s safe to say that in just recent years it has gotten the exposure that it deserves. Deemed the best advertising technique for your dollar per impression, it is changing the way businesses market their company and services and reaching a wider demographic at just a one time cost. What about the skilled professionals that apply these vinyl wraps and do the large format printing? Sounds like it may be tough job skills to acquire? Perhaps it’ not that hard though after all, and could be a lucrative new career path for those looking to change directions and do something creative and exciting! We have a few pointers on how to successfully acquire vinyl wrapping & large format printing skills from first hand experts in the field from discountwraps.com
What To Know To Achieve Top Vehicle Vinyl Wrapping Skills
- Size Up The Vehicle First- It is important that you first take head on pictures from all sides of the vehicle without doing so at an angle. Your goal is to get the exact impression of the auto as to incorporate curves, door handles, grooves etc. You must also take measurements of the actual vehicle. Next you will use your chosen graphic design software to scale the image and according to the measurements taken. It is also very important to follow these steps so that you can account for any vehicle upgrades such as custom bumpers, grills etc. that will change the dimensions of just a standard digital image.
- Communication & A Plan Of Action- Have a sit down with your client and really go over wants, needs, and things not desired. Understanding their vision of their design & wrap will help you better create the design accurately from the beginning. Outlining your plan of action will also keep everyone on the same page from the get go so as not to waste time, money or materials on small setbacks or mis communications.
- Bold & Simple- When designing vehicle wraps less is more, and bold colors create awareness. Your goal is to make the design stand out and catch the eye. Designs that are too busy and have a lot going on will lessen the awareness of the message at hand and the advertisement will get lost in the sea of cars passing buy.
- Attention & Final Plan- It is important that your design and image print catch people attention. You have a short amount in time to get the consumer to engage and you want to leave a memorable imprint. That being said it is important to get the final ok from the said client and make sure everything is looked over and approved before printing. Once you print there is no turning back and the last thing you want is to have to start over. Large format printing isn’t exactly cheap and the ,materials used are valuable and should be wasted as little as possible.
- Practice, Practice, Practice!!!- Large format and graphic design printing may come naturally to some of you and may perhaps be your “authentic” career path. However, it is safe to say that practice makes perfect goes for everybody. The more you practice the better you become up sacli g designs and getting the print on target from the beginning. Start with small models, golf carts, large metal scraps. Getting a feel for dimensions and aligning things correctly will go a long way!
Graphic Design and Vehicle Wraps may be a more challenging job skill to achieve, however if you are truly interested and can see it turning into a new career path why not give it a try. Make it a hobby or something to do in your down time. Carl, from Discount Wraps, started as a server in a restaurant that enjoyed drawing in his free time.. He started out teaching himself and eventually took some classes in graphic design. Nowadays he is a full time vinyl wrapper and a great one at that. He loves his job and is so glad he decided to explore a different career path. You can do anything you put your mind to, coupled with hard work and determination you have the tools to succeed!